Thursday, November 5, 2009

Virginia Pictures


This is my extended family at the graveside service. Grandpa was buried at a family burial plot in Louisa, Virginia. The plot is on the property where my great-great-great grandfather grew up. The last time I had been to the property, I was too young to remember. It was so interesting to hear all the family stories and see this piece of my past.


Before my Grandpa died, my Grandma took care of him faithfully. She sacrificed a lot to keep him out of a nursing home and provide excellent care. Thanks Grandma!


Miranda with her Great-Aunt Patsy


Miranda's cousin, Anna, kept her entertained during the car rides.


The fall leaves were at their peak in Virginia!



My niece, Emma


Miranda and Matilda were born just 6 weeks apart. These little cousins are definitely going to have fun together.

2 comments:

Padgetts said...

SOOOOOOO sorry to hear about your grandfather. You've had many happier years. This year has really hit home with losing family members. Sorry for that. We are mourning with you. glad you had a great trip seeing everyone.

The Harts said...

Thanks Emmalee. I'm so glad that we're friends!