Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sad Reason...Good Trip

I have not posted to the blog in a while because Miranda and I have been in Virginia for the past week and a half. Sadly, my Grandpa Nesbit passed away on October 23rd. He would have been 90 in January. Grandpa moved into my parents' house when I was about 10 (I actually don't remember exactly, I might have been 11), and I am thankful for all the memories that I have of him. At his funeral, someone asked me what my first memory of him was. It was fun for me to remember so I thought that I would share.

My first memory of my Grandpa is when I was really young. I am not sure how young, but I was probably about 4 or 5. Every year, all of the cousins in my family would come to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a week without our parents. They lived in a rural part of Virginia so we would spend our days building forts in their woods, digging in their garden, swimming in their pond, climbing trees, and doing lots of fun things outside. I must have been completely worn out one night because I fell asleep in their living room. But I remember waking up in Grandpa's arms when he carried me upstairs to my bed. That's my earliest memory of my Grandpa, being carried up to my bed after a long, hard day of playing.

Overall, it was a good trip. We stayed with my parents, and we saw all of my siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles. Miranda and I also spent a few days with Zane's parents in Northern Virginia. I will post some pictures and stories soon.

No comments: