Saturday, November 7, 2009

If I Only Had Our Camera...

While we were traveling, there were two moments that would have been perfect to video and post on the blog. However, I did not have the video camera with me. Nonetheless, those times are still worth retelling. Enjoy!

Story #1:
On our first flight from Saint Louis to Charlotte, Miranda and I were seated in the middle seat on a row of three. Those seats are a tight fit for any normal sized adult, much less a normal sized adult with a very long baby. We barely squeezed into the seat and were able to jam Miranda's diaper bag under the seat in front of us. But we were making the best of it until about 10 minutes into take off. Then, Miranda completely filled her diaper and ruined her outfit. We were not free to move around the cabin, so I had to clean her up, jammed in between two strangers. I was working hard to change her diaper without getting poop all over myself or the people next to me. I finally got her a clean diaper and a clean outfit. Then, she did it all again!

Story #2:
Our trip home was a little bit of a fiasco. It started in Richmond when we boarded the plane and then had to wait on the runway for over an hour before take off. Then, by the time we landed in LaGuardia, Miranda and I had already missed our connecting flight. The only way to get to Saint Louis that day was to take a plane that stopped in Chicago. There were no direct flight to Saint Louis. Instead of getting home at 1PM, we did not get home until around 9PM. On our last leg, from Chicago to Saint Louis, Miranda and I were exhausted. We had been traveling for about 12 hours straight at that point. But we were the first to board and we were seated in the first row of the economy seats. Thus, every passenger on the plane had to walk passed us. As exhausted as she was, Miranda wanted to stand on my lap, facing all the passengers. She greeted everyone who boarded the plane with her sweet little baby babble. She talked to everyone with her cute a-goos, eeks, aaahs, mehs, and ooms. She would smile at passengers who walked by and giggle for those who smiled back. Then, once everyone was boarded, she fell sleep in my arms for the whole flight.

2 comments:

Grandaddy and Nana said...

That's our girl!

Padgetts said...

About story #1: wow...that same thing happened to us except I forgot to pack an additional outfit (great job mommy) so he wore his sweatshirt jacket and a diaper the rest of the night. Mind you it was 50 degrees outside once we landed. Oh the adventures of parenthood.
About story #2: super similar experience. But he didn't talk to everyone. Just stared at them.
Wow...how fun they are.