Sunday, November 21, 2010

Photo Shoot Failure

Last week, the leaves were at their peak color and the weather was in the 70s. I took advantage of such perfect conditions to take some fall pictures of Miranda, hoping for a photo worthy of a Christmas card or picture frame. Instead, the photo shoot was a complete failure. I got two smiling pictures and the rest are her pouting or running away from me. Nevertheless, I am tempted to frame one of the pictures. This picture is one of my all time favorites of Miranda. It's not very flattering. Instead, it captures a part of her personality that Zane and I don't usually put on display for admiration. But it is still Miranda. It's just Miranda at a moment where she was tired and frustrated (I quit after this one). As we are learning to parent a toddler who is throwing tantrums and starting the "terrible twos," Zane and I are falling more and more in love with our little girl. Yes, we guide and correct when Miranda throws a fit. But when she's not looking, we laugh at how cute she is when she's frustrated. We mimic her pouty face and whining voice because she's charming and beautiful and lovable even when she's not. This picture is a sweet reminder that Miranda is not perfect. But Zane and I are called to love her as she is because we're not perfect either.

No comments: