Friday, September 17, 2010

Fashion Show

Miranda's grandparents have been spoiling her with cute things lately. ZsaZsa (Zane's mom) sent Miranda this adorable little apron to wear in the kitchen and garden. Thanks ZsaZsa!


Nana (my mom) sent Miranda this sweet little outfit with sparkly hearts and ballet shoes on it. Thanks Nana!



On a completely unrelated note, I have been experimenting with baking my own granola bars. This week, I found a recipe that was just so good I had to share it!


Mix dry ingredient:
1 & 2/3 cup of quick rolled oats
1/2 cup of sugar (I actually used less and it tasted great)
1/3 cup of milled flax seed (you can also use whole wheat flour or oat flour)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
2-3 cups of dried fruit and/or nuts (I used dried cherries and walnuts)

Whisk wet ingredients:
1/3 cup of almond or peanut butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
6 tablespoons of melted butter
1/4 cup of honey
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of water

Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Place mixture into a 8x8x2 pan lined with parchment paper and sprayed lightly. Bake 30-40 minutes at 350. Cool completely then cut into bars.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm going to try this...yummmmmmm

Unknown said...

that was emma...not tim