Friday, September 25, 2009

Week of Firsts

This week has been a big week for our family. We reached three major milestones. Here they are in chronological order:
1. Miranda rolled over for the first time this week! Zane and I have been chasing her with the video camera for the past three weeks, trying to catch the first time she rolled over. However, last Saturday morning, Miranda and I were up early in the morning, and she rolled over while I was checking my e-mail and completely ignoring her. Fortunately, I saw out of the corner of my eye that she was reaching for a toy, and I saw her roll over to get it. Since then, she has been rolling back to tummy on a regular basis and has even rolled 360 degrees a time or two. We are still trying to catch it on video.

2. We went to our first mass children's consignment sale on Thursday. I remember my mom going to these when I was growing up, and I had also heard stories from friends about how crazy these events can be. All the stories were true. The event was held at an old Macy's store. Imagine the size of a whole Macy's store, filled with second-hand clothes, toys, cribs, bicycles, books, and much more. The sale started at 4PM, and Zane and I left the house early because we had never been to the area of St. Louis where the sale was held. When we arrived at 3:45, there were women already lined up down the sidewalk to get into the store. We decided to go over to the Barnes and Noble across the street and wait until 4. Zane stayed there and read while Miranda and I searched the sale for goodies. We bought a glider rocker for Miranda's room, a high chair (believe it or not, Miranda starts solids soon!), an exersaucer, a toddler swing for our front porch, and lots of toys. All of the items were gently used but still in great shape. Don't tell Miranda because most of the items are her Christmas presents. Here's a picture of the exersaucer and swing.

3. Miranda woke up this morning with her first little tooth protruding from her gums. For the past week and a half, she has had the classic signs of teething. This morning, that tooth made its appearance. It is small and hard to see, but here is the best we could do for a picture:

No comments: