Friday, October 1, 2010

Miranda Says

Miranda talks a lot. I mean a lot, and everyday I can understand more and more of what she says. She is still not quite clear enough for others to understand most of what she says, but it won't take long before that happens. She is already saying funny things too. She doesn't know they are funny. But she regularly cracks me and Zane up. Here are a few funny things she has said recently.

On Tuesday, I was keeping my friend's 5-month-old son for the day. When he arrived, I put him in our exersaucer. Miranda almost burst with the double excitement of seeing her old exersaucer and having a baby visit us. One of the toys on our exersaucer is a ball that has two frogs in it and spins around. In the midst of Miranda's hyper-excitement, she got right in Nathan's face, pointed to this toy and said with much enthusiasm, "it's a ball!!!!" Ok, so it was more like "issa ball!!!!" But still, that is her first sentence, teaching baby Nathan about her exersaucer. She's a sweet girl.

Also, on Wednesday night, I picked her up from the nursery at church after youth group. The man in charge of nursery that night asked if she could say "bed." I told him that she could. And he said that for the last half an hour, she had been wandering around the nursery saying "bed? bed? bed?...."

No comments: