Friday, June 18, 2010

First Attempt

Miranda really wants to feed herself with a spoon, and I have let her practice a little here and there. I would fill the spoon with something sticky, hand her the spoon and let her put the spoon in her mouth. She has done very well with this, and she has been feeding herself finger foods for a while now. This morning, I decided it was time for her first attempt at feeding herself with a spoon. I made her blueberry oatmeal, fed her a few bites, then put the bowl on her high chair and handed over the spoon. She started off well.


Then she got frustrated and ditched the spoon.


But she had a great time and enough oatmeal made it into her mouth to sustain her until lunch!

4 comments:

P.J. and Nola said...

How cute!

Grandaddy and Nana said...

She is a hoot!!!

Drew and Lindsey said...

I love the picture of her just dumping the bowel into her mouth! That is awesome! :)

Keren said...

that shade of oatmeal looks good on her! tee hee!!!